1. How many team members do you have?
2. How many formations do you want in 1 chant / cheer or dance?
3. Order your formations so that the change or transition between formations will be as invisible as possible.
4. Remember, formations are seen from all sides.
5. Think about the placement of each cheerleader. For example, keep stunt groups together, stronger dancers in the front, etc.
6. To make your formation even more exciting, add level changes. For example, in a Bowling Pin formation, have the cheerleaders in the first few rows on their knees.
For more details including photos and video tips, click CHEERLEADING FORMATIONS.