Written by: Coach Sari
To begin, if you do not have a Back-hand-spring yet then you are not ready for a Back Tuck. Once you have mastered the Back-hand-spring, you will be ready to learn your Back Tuck.
Here are the steps for your Back Tuck:
1. To begin, you start with your hands by your sides, standing straight up. Do NOT sit back like in a back-hand-spring.
2. Jump STRAIGHT UP with your hands swinging by your ears like the touchdown
3. When your body is as high as it can jump, tuck your legs into your chest. DO NOT have your legs bent behind you. Also, DO NOT throw your head or chest backward, tucking your legs in will give you the flipping momentum. For the tuck you can grab you knees and pull them inward.
4. When you land, absorb the landing with your knees bent and feet together. To clean, stand up straight.
Here are some exercise to help you build your up your muscles to get a great Back Tuck:
* You can do squats to build the muscles in your legs so you can jump higher.
* Try standing against a wall in a sitting position for one minute.
Also, check out our CHEERLEADING CONDITIONING section for more exercises.