Tip: Make sure your cheerleaders know your team rules!
If your cheerleaders do not know your rules at the beginning of the season, you will have a hard time reinforcing them. Some basic rules include tardiness and missing practices, grades and being a good ambassador for your team. Here are some tips to remember:
- Make sure your rules are clear.
- Have all of your cheerleaders SIGN a rules sheet / contract at the beginning of the season.
- During your first practice, READ the rules to all of the cheerleaders and ask if they have any questions.
- Stick to your guns! Don’t waiver, if your team knows that you also stand by the rules, they will abide by them.
- Have your Captains help reinforce the rules; it is always effective when their peers stand by the rules and set a great example.
- Reward your cheerleaders for sticking to the rules. For example, give every girl a treat / motivation item when they are on time or get on the honor role.
For TONS of COACHING TIPS, join the CIC Cheerleading Coaching Community HERE!