Are your looking for some great tips to motivate your team? Here are some tips to try:
- Set your goals together as a team! At your first team meeting, have everyone give their ideas on what you would like to accomplish as a team. Once you have a list, have the team vote on them then pick your top 3 to 5 for the season. Goals can include:
- Stunt Goals
- Attending a Competition
- Community Service Goals
- School Spirit / Involvement Goals
- Pep Rally Attendance
- Fundraising Goals
- Once you have your top goals for the season, discuss as a team, what the PLAN is and the steps you are going to take to achieve that goal.
- Make a Goals Chart or Vision Board so the girls can visually see what they have set and the progress they have made.
- At the beginning of every practice, remind your team of the goals THEY have set for themselves and talk about progress.
- REWARD the team for their progress.
- Give encouragement! Everyone loves recognition for their hard work :-)
- Do Team Building Activities to strengthen relationships on the team.
- Make sure practice is FUN! This can include theme practices and games.
- Set up Cheer Pals within the team or Big Sister and Little Sister pairs.