Here is a super SIMPLE exercise that will improve your core ( your stomach and back muscles ) to help improve all of your cheer skills:
Leg crosses are a great exercise that will strengthen your core. And yes, this one is an easy exercise to fit into your day as you can do this while you watch TV. Here are all of the details:
- Lay on your back propped up on your elbows.
- Bring your legs out in front of you into a pike position and lift them off the ground.
- Now begin to switch your legs by bringing one over the other and point your toes.
- Try to do 1 set of 8 switches and work your way up to 3 sets of 8.
Here's to your strong core :-)
This basic plank position is the perfect position to start with. It is a great exercise to squeeze in 3 sets in the morning, while you are watching TV or just before you go to bed. Here are some tips to remember:
- 1 set is 8 counts
- Make sure you have your body in a straight line.
- To start, keep your knees on the ground and then work up to straight leg planks ( like the photo below).