Once your muscles are warm, then you can begin stretching. Below are some stretches that will really help your flexibility and make you a better cheerleader! But first, remember these important points about stretching:
- Always warm up first.
- Stretch BEFORE your full practice. A good warm up will make all the difference in your performance.
- Stretching AFTER your practice is extremely important too. Hold your stretches LONGER druing your cool down as this is the time you gain flexibility in your msucles.
- Stretch to the point of mild discomfort, not pain.
- Hold each stretch for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat each stretch 2 to 5 times, trying to stretch a little further each time.
- Do not bounce while you are stretching.
For more details, click on Cheerleading Stretching Tips.