Are you looking forward to your football cheerleading season? Here are some game tips that you need to know:
1. Watch the game! You should always be aware of what is happening during the game so you know: which cheer or chant you should do, times to celebrate, times to get the crowd really fired up, etc.
2. Offense means that your team HAS THE BALL and wants to SCORE.
3. Defense means that your team DOES NOT HAVE THE BALL and wants to take the ball away from the other team.
4. When a player in injured, either on your team or your opponent, out of respect, you should not do anything just wait until they get up and then clap.
5. A Touchdown in worth 6 points.
6. The Extra Point is worth 1 point.
7. A field goal is worth 3 points.
8. "First and 10" means that your team has 4 tries to make 10 yards. If they do not make 10 yards in 4 tries, they have to kick to ball to the other team.
9. The "End Zone" is located at both ends of the football field - where the goal post is. It is where the teams score.
10. A "Safety" is when your team is tackled in their OWN end zone. The other team gets the 2 points.
11. A "Fumble" is when your player loses a live ball and the other team picks it up.
12. An "Interception" is when your quarterback throws the ball and the other team catches it.
13. A football game as 4 quarters of 15 minutes each.
14. Sportsmanship applies to cheerleaders too! If you are at home and the other team has cheerleaders, make sure to make them feel welcome by greeting them.