As stunting is the most serious part of cheerleading ( and tons of fun ), here are some tips to remember to make sure your stunting experience is awesome!
- NEVER STUNT WITHOUT A SPOTTER!
- NEVER try an stunt that you are not ready for – Perfection before Progression!!!
- Always pay attention to your group when you are stunting. Never start the stunt when someone is not ready.
- Remember, technique is EVERYTHING!!!
- When you are starting, make sure you select your stunt positions based on body size. For example, if you have really tall athlete, they would be a really good spotter. If you have a really small athlete, they would should be your first flyer. At the beginning, your athletes don’t know proper technique yet so for safety reasons it is important to choose your positions by body size. Once your team progresses and are ALL aware of proper technique, you can move athletes around based on skill.
- There should be no laughing or fooling around during stunt time. Generally, if someone is playing around during your stunt practice and not paying attention, they should sit out and not participate. SAFETY FIRST!
- No extra talking during stunt class. Talking should be kept to giving cues to your stunting partners.